Vision of the Institution
The vision and mission of the institution is to provide quality higher education to the socially and economically disadvantaged students of backward classes belonging to the rural areas through dissemination of knowledge in the branches of Arts, Science and Commerce and make their all-round personality development.
Objectives of the Institution
- Imparting higher education to the economically weaker socially discriminated and less privileged sections of the society.
- Educational empowerment of a predominantly rural population.
- To provide comprehensive and balanced quality education.
- To ensure overall personality development of students.
- To orient the students for development of practical skills.
- To inculcate competitive and humanitarian values among the students.
- To strive for dissemination of existing knowledge.
- To nurture the culture of research and analytical capabilities.
- To impart scientific and moral education to achieve academic excellence.
- To pursue excellence in serving society by the students.
- To propagate the necessity of human, moral & ethical values and ideals in life.
- To orient the students for self employment
Welcome to all to our College Website
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar College of Arts, Commerce & Science, Bramhapuri was established in 1972 by Bar. Rajabhau Khobragade , Ex-deputy Chairman of Raj Sabha and Shri. Marotrao Kamble, a noted Social worker under the aegis of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Education Society, Chandrapur (Bramhapuri). It is a Grant-in-aid college, affiliated to RTM Nagpur University Nagpur / Gondwana University Gadchiroli. It was recognized by UGC in 1996 under 2(f) and 12 (B) of the UGC Act 1956. It has been serving the educational needs of people living in Bramhapuri and its adjoining areas, especially of those who come from the weaker sections of the Society.
tup in 1972 with 110 students on roll, the college has now 1500 students who are pursuing their studies in various streams at Junior, Senior and PG levels. More than 90% of students belong to educationally backward classes and come from rural areas and extremely poor families with no educational background or proper guidance
The college started Post-Graduate Departments in English, Marathi & History from the academic session 1994-95 and in Sociology and Pali from 2000-2001 and 2005-06 respectively. The facility of imparting education at P.G. level has proved to be a boon for the students of Bramhapuri and its adjoining areas especially for the poor students who cannot afford to go to the distant cities like Nagpur and Chandrapur for higher studies.
The College started PGDCCA-one year diploma course from the academic session 2003-04, and Indian Music (as optional Subject at UG-level), C-Lib and M.Lib I.Sc,(ICT based courses) from the session 2005-06.
The college has started Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) and Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) from the Academic session 2011-12. The College has got permission to a start new courses/ faculty such as Computer Science and Electronics at B.Sc. level, B.Com ( English Medium) and M.A. in Economics and Pol. Science.