The library occupies a place of pride in Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar College of Art, Commerce and Science and is an essential component of the college for outstanding research and education mission. It is the most lively place on the campus, providing a safe, comfortable and friendly environment that enables learning and advancement of knowledge, and promotes and discovery and scholarship. The mission of the library is to facilitate the creation of new knowledge through the acquisition, organization and dissemination of knowledge resources providing value added services.
Old Question Paper Gondwana University
Reading Room Timings
Network Resource Center (Internet Facility)
Monday to Saturday
Monday to Saturday
|7.30 am to 6.00 pm||
7.30 am to 6.00 pm
Membership and Rules:-
1. Entry to the library is restricted to the bonafide members on production of valid Identity Card /Library Card /Visitor’s Pass at the security checkpoint.
2. Only books from the general collection are issued to the library members.
3. The documents like reference books, bound volumes of journals, loose issue of current journals, reports, and standards are issued only to the Faculty, Scientists and PG / Research Students for different loan periods. Interested users can obtain details from the Circulation Counter.
4. Theses, dissertations, CDs, video cassettes are not lent out of the library.
5. The books which are already issued, can be claimed/reserved at the issue counter.
6. The users are not allowed to bring the books issued to them inside the library unless they intend to return them.
7. The borrowing facility can be withdrawn or restricted in case of misconduct by any user.
8. The readers should check the book thoroughly for missing pages, chapters, pictures etc. while borrowing the book.
9. No book in damaged condition will be accepted by the reader.
10. Loss of book must be reported immediately.
11. The rules for replacement & fine calculation of lost book are available at the Circulation Counter.
12. Smoking, as well as sleeping, is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
13. Please maintain silence in the Library.
The Library has developed an excellent collection of books, journals and non-book material in art, commerce, science, and social sciences. It maintains separate collections of Reference Books, Bound volumes of Journals, Theses, Study Room Books. The total collection of the library as of 31st May 2021 stands as follows:
- National Digital Library https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in/
- SWAYAM Online Courses https://storage.googleapis.com/uniquecourses/online.html
- National Knowledge Networkhttps://nkn.gov.in/
- Talks to Teacher https://www.ted.com/playlists/182/talks_from_inspiring_teachers
- A-VIEW http://aview.in/
- Virtual Labshttps://www.vlab.co.in/
- Spoken Tutorial https://spoken-tutorial.org/
- Oscar++ https:////www.it.iitb.ac.in/oscar/
- E-Kalpa https://icar.org.in/content/e-kalpaoscar/
- NCERT Text Books http://ncert.nic.in/textbook/textbook.htm
- Directory of Open Access Books https://www.doabooks.org/
- Directory of Open Access Journals https://www.doabooks.org/
- Open Knowledge Repository — World Bankhttps://openknowledge.worldbank.org/
- UG/PG MOOCshttp://ugcmoocs.inflibnet.ac.in/ugcmoocs/moocs_courses.php
- e-PG Pathshalahttps://epgp.inflibnet.ac.in/
- e-Content courseware in UG subjects http://cec.nic.in/cec/
- SWAYAMPRABHA https://www.swayamprabha.gov.in
- e-Shodh Sindhu https://ess.inflibnet.ac.in/
- Vidwan https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/
- SNLTR https://www.nltr.org/
- Oxford Open https://academic.oup.com/journals/pages/open_access
- Cambridge University Presshttps://www.cambridge.org/core/what-we-publish/open-access
- Science Direct Open Access Content https://www.sciencedirect.com/book/9781843342038/open-access
- ILOSTAT https://ilostat.ilo.org/
- Project Euclid https://projecteuclid.org/librarians/lib_oa
- AidData https://www.aiddata.org/
- Springer Open Journalshttps://www.springeropen.com/journals
- Taylor & Francis Open Accesshttps://www.tandfonline.com/openaccess
- Open Access Thesis & Dissertationshttps://oatd.org/
- Legal Information-commonlii http://www.commonlii.org/in/
- The OAPEN Foundation http://www.oapen.org/home
- PubMed Central PMC https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/
- Project Gutenberg https://dev.gutenberg.org/
- High Wire https://www.highwirepress.com/
- AGRIS http://agris.fao.org/agris-search/index.do
- Southern Connecticut StateUniversity https://libguides.southernct.edu/openaccess
- LibriVox — Audio Books https://librivox.org/
- Wiley Open Accesshttps://authorservices.wiley.com/open-research/open-access/browse-journals.html
- Training and Courses by Tata Steel http://www.capabilitydevelopment.org
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) https://doaj.org/
- Shodhganga-a reservoir of Indian theses https://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/
- Legal Information Institute of India http://liiofindia.org/
Library Services :-
1. Reading Room Facility
2. Lending Of Documents
3. Newspaper Clipping Service
4. Reprography Service
5. Reference Service
6. Students Aid Service
7. Display Of Information
8. Internet access – 6 terminals are currently made available to staff and students.
9. User Awareness Programmes
1 – Reading Room Facility:
• Our library at the following counters extends this facility.
• News Paper Reading.
• Periodicals and Journals Reading
• Textbook Reading
2 – Lending of Documents: :
• Open Access to all students and for teaching and non-teaching staff.
• Each student can issue two books at a time for a week.
• Teaching and non-teaching staff can issue ten books for one academic session.
• At the end of the session, library clearance is compulsory for all categories.
• Weaker sections are provided with an additional book.
• On average 90-100 books are issued daily
3 – Newspaper Clipping Service :
The records of the Newspaper clippings describing events in the college, as well as news related to the college, are maintained.
4 – Reprography Services Clipping Service :
This facility is provided on demand to students and staff.
5 – Reference Service :
The Library maintains a separate reference collection consisting of encyclopedias, dictionaries, directories, handbooks, technical data, almanacs, atlases, bibliographies, CD -ROMs, Audio and Video cassettes, etc. Students consult the librarian for reference queries.
6 – Students Aid Service :
Library helps students for the preparation of competitive examinations. Books for Competitive exams are purchased specially for students. Students participating in intercollege Quiz, Essay, Debate Elocution etc are provided with sufficient works
Question papers of university exams, university syllabus are also available for reference
7 – Display of Information :
Library displays Employment News, many notices, other useful information for students. Library also organises book exhibition.
8 – Special Service – Book Deposit Scheme:
Books are issued to students for university examinations during summer vacations, on full deposit basis.
9 -. Users Awareness Programmes :
The library takes an active part in the orientation programme organized by the institute for the benefit of new students in the beginning of academic year. They are taken around the library to familiarize them with various resources and services available for them. Training sessions are also organized whenever a new product or service is introduced.
Any user desiring to know more about library resources and service or to learn how to use a particular resource like OPAC, e-journals, databases etc. should contact Incharge, Reference service.
Library also organizes training, workshops and conferences etc. for library and information professionals in the Country to help them update their knowledge and skills.
Current Journals :
Current Journals: Alphabetical List
The Library receives 50 periodicals Some of these are Online –
2 ANNALS OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION STUDIES
3 BUSINESS INDIA
4 BUSINESS WORLD
5 C. S. R.
6 CARRIERS 360
7 CHANAKYA MANDAL PARIWAR
9 CRICKET SAMRAT
11 CURRENTS AFFAIRS
12 DREAM 2047
13 ECONOMIC & POLITICAL WEEKLY
14 ECONOMIC CHALLENGER
15 EXPRESS COMPUTER
19 INDIA QUARTERLY
20 INDIA TODAY (ENG)
21 INDIA TODAY (HIN)
22 INDIAN JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
23 INDIAN LITERATURE
27 MAZI SAHELI
31 PRATIYOGITA DARPAN
32 PRATIYOGITA KIRAN
33 RENU GENERAL KNOWLEGE & WORLD VISION
36 SAHAKARI MAHARASHTRA
37 SAPTAHIK SAKAL
39 SHIKSHAN SANKRAMAN
40 SPARDHA PARIKSHA
41 SPARDHA PARIKSHA GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
43 THE CARAVAN
44 THE JOURNAL OF HUMAN RESOURCES
45 THE JOURNAL OF INDIAN WRITING IN ENGLISH
46 THE VEDANTA KESARI
47 THE WEEK
48 UNIVERSITY NEWS
49 WOMEN’S ERA
1 DAINIK BHASKAR
4 LOKMAT SAMACHAR
5 LOKMAT TIMES
7 LOKSHAHI VARTA
12 TARUN BHARAT
13 THE INDIAN EXPRESS
14 YUVARASHTRA DARSHAN
15 THE HITAWADA
16 TIMES OF INDIA
Library Highlights :
• Orientation lecture is delivered to the XI, B.Sc.-I, B.com.-I, B.A.-I and M.A.-I students at the beginning of the session
• Book Exhibition is organised on a special occasion every year.
• Reference services/ deposit scheme services are provided to alumni.
• Full deposit facility can be availed by college students during an examination.
Learning Resource Centre – The Library, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar College, Bramhapuri. Dist – Chandrapur 441206.