Under the N.S.S department of Gondwana University, Gadchiroli, the college has unit of 150 students with two teachers nominated as programme officer. The students who are really interested in social services are selected by the N.S.S programmer officer with the permission of Principal. It is to be noted that there is a provision of incentive marks for students who participate in the N.S.S as per the university norms. The Activities of NSS unit are designed and executed in accordance with the current problems faced by the villagers in particular and society in general.
The Motto of NSS – �Not Me But You�
The main objectives of National Service Scheme (NSS) are:
- To work in rural society.
- To study and understand needs of the society.
- To develop the sense of social responsibility.
- To identify the problems of the society and involve them in problem-solving.
- To engage in creative and constructive social work.
- To utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
- To acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
- To bridge the gulf between the educated and the uneducated masses.
- To develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters.
- To practice national integration and social harmony
Incentive Marks Scheme (Sr.College) –
- Participation in regular NSS programme (Minimum 120 hours in 3 years) : 3 Marks
- Participation in NSS camp (7 days Camp at College level ) : 7 Marks
- Participation in University or State or National Level Camp : 10 Marks
Dr. Azizul Haque Chair Person
Prof. Lokeshkumar Nandeshwar Co-ordinator
Prof. Tufan Awatade Co-ordinator
Mr. Pradnyanand Mate Member